Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Practice Area Lead, Financial Operations operates the Financial Operations Practice, one of the Firm’s core areas of expertise. With responsibility for the Practice’s P&L, the Practice Area Lead, Financial Operations, is accountable for business development and service delivery. He/she also designs signature solutions for clients focused on Finance Transformation and leads associates in the delivery of these solutions. A team player, this Executive partners with other Functional and Industry Practice Area Leads in the Firm to ensure that we deliver multi-disciplined, impact-focused solutions to our clients. This role requires an effective, profitability-focused leader with a proven ability to recruit, manage and develop business development and delivery associates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design signature, client-facing solutions focused on transforming a Finance organization’s strategy, structure, processes, capabilities and technologies; other potential solutions to be developed may focus on Enterprise Shared Services and Performance Management.
- Manage all aspects related to sourcing new clients, including targeting, prospecting & proposal development.
- Implement strategies to grow Financial Transformation engagements within our existing client base.
- Identify and understand the business needs of current and prospective clients and partners, and
recommend the appropriate solution using Sirius Solutions’ business model:
- Ensure that for each prospective client the best manner for Sirius Solutions to engage is presented: (a) interim support; (b) project management; (c) advice & assessment; (d) managed services; (e) comprehensive solution execution; or (f) some combination of these approaches;
- Collaborate with corporate leadership, business development, recruiting, delivery leadership and accounting to solution and structure services.
- Build and manage relationships with CFOs in specific markets, with an emphasis on Houston to start; develop and implement short-, mid- and long-term targeting strategies.
- Oversee the development of an execution roadmap for each engagement to confirm alignment with client’s vision as well as feasibility on the part of Sirius Solutions.
- Throughout an engagement, confirm that the Sirius Solutions Lead Engagement Professional is
regularly communicating with client ensuring that the Team is on target & budget with its deliverables:
- Manage the development and ongoing delivery of reporting packages to be used throughout an engagement that measure KPIs identified with client upfront.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with the expected client impact.
- At conclusion of each engagement, oversee the development of a value realization document that
highlights, for the client, the obtained or anticipated return on investment.
- Manage Practice’s P&L ensuring that certain profitability levels are met each month, adjusting expenses and revenue opportunities accordingly.
- Stay abreast of best practices related to key solutions offered by the Financial Operations Practice and share/implement best practices with Teams and on client engagements.
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership in Finance Strategy and Transformation, Finance Process and Operations, and Enterprise Performance Management.
- Assist in sourcing and recruiting new talent; steward and develop talent.
- Serve, at all times, as a Brand Ambassador ensuring that Self and Team are providing best-in-class services to clients and treating each other and clients with kindness and respect.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 15+; 10 years managing others.
Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance, Business, Economics or Engineering.)
- Combined professional consulting services with commercial experience in Financial Operations.
- Proven track record of selling and delivering Financial Operations consulting services.
- Prior experience within public and private companies across multiple industries.
- Demonstrated track record and talent for outstanding business development and engagement leadership.
- Vision and insight to quickly recognize and respond to market threats and opportunities.
- Proven track record of strategic and execution-focused thinking, identifying critical business market issues and trends, and crafting practical, effective solutions.
- History of establishing and managing relationships with clients at the C-level; possess a network of existing contracts and the gravitas to be viewed as a trusted advisor throughout the organization.
- Keen business acumen around professional services operations, P&L management, business development and major account management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and coach high-level teams to meet professional performance goals, cultivate strong relationships with team members, and attract and retain best-in-class talent.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as well as superior presentation abilities.